March 12, 2009

BAJD: I Love Jordan

Skimming through my previous posts, I sometimes think my blog can give the wrong idea about Jordan for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about life here. I use this blog mostly to vent about things that drive me insane, but the truth of the matter is that I really love this country. It's where I was born. It's where I've spent my 19 years of existence. It's part of my identity.

But see for me, it's not about being a Jordanian. It's about loving this country and wanting to be a part of its progress. And people who complain about everything here without actually doing something bug me just as much as those who don't want to admit we have problems. We do, there's nothing wrong with that as long as we're willing to do something about it.

I've been thinking for a while about how I could possibly explain why I love Jordan, but I'm still not sure how I can.

It's the place I will always come back to.

It's home.

1 comment:

Ahmad Hamdan said...

We love it because wherever we are in Gulf, USA and ohters we will always want to come back and have our time in it. we love it because even thought we have little resources we quite improved the country in many aspects (cultural and industrial) very well better than other countries who have oil (i live in it) and i hope this improvement doesn't stay focus in just some places in jordan (i.e western amman and maybe aqqaba). hope for the best for jordan and god bless it.